problems with db upgrade from 1.8.x to 1.9

Ask community to help.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

problems with db upgrade from 1.8.x to 1.9

Postby tbennett » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm

I attempted to upgrade from 1.8.x to 1.9. Got through the first page of checks, but it stalled at the database upgrade.

There's a big page of text, starting with the following. I don't see any actual errors, other than every call starts with 'DB Access Error'.

Connecting to database `testlink`: OK!
Creating Testlink DB user `TLAdmin`: OK! (ok - user_exists ok - grant assignment)

============================================================================== DB Access Error - debug_print_backtrace() OUTPUT START ============================================================================== #0 database->exec_query(/*
* TestLink Open Source Project -
* This script is distributed under the GNU General Public License 2 or later.
* SQL script: Update schema MySQL database for TestLink 1.9 from version 1.8
* "/ *prefix* /" - placeholder for tables with defined prefix, used by sqlParser.class.php.
* $Id: db_schema_update.sql,v 1.9 2010/07/22 14:14:42 asimon83 Exp $
* Important Warning:
* This file will be processed by sqlParser.class.php, that uses SEMICOLON to find end of SQL Sentences.
* It is not intelligent enough to ignore SEMICOLONS inside comments, then PLEASE
* USE SEMICOLONS ONLY to signal END of SQL Statements.
* internal revision:
* 20100705 - asimon
* added new column build_id to user_assignments
* 20100308 - Julian
* req_relations table added
* 20090919 - franciscom
* value size for custom fields
* 20090717 - franciscom
* cfield_testprojects new field location
* testprojects new fiels is_public
* testplans new fiels is_public
/* update some config data */
INSERT INTO /*prefix*/node_types (id,description) VALUES (8,'requirement_version')) called at [/var/www/html/testlink/install/sqlParser.class.php:109]
#1 SqlParser->process(sql/alter_tables/1.9/mysql/DB.1.3/step1/db_schema_update.sql) called at [/var/www/html/testlink/install/installNewDB.php:428]
Advanced user
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: problems with db upgrade from 1.8.x to 1.9

Postby jfs » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 pm

You might make sure that your db admin username is different than your testlink username. I ran into a problem where I used the same login for both and the upgrade script failed due to lack of permissions because it modified my superuser db admin and screwed up my 'username'@'%' privileges.
TestLink user
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Return to Installation and configuration

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests