Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Ask community to help.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 am

Hi,
I have upgraded TL to last 1.9.7.

On the apache error logs I see:

[Wed May 29 11:15:04 2013] [error] [client XX.XX.x.XXX] File does not exist: /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/gui

And on Events on TL I see:

E_NOTICE Undefined index: 3 - in /var/www/html/testlink/lib/functions/treeMenu.inc.php - Line 717

How can I fix them?
Thanks
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am

Hi
Noone can help me?
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby TurboPT » Fri May 31, 2013 2:05 am

Even though you've just upgraded, have you check our Mantis for hot-fixes to that version?
TurboPT
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:29 am

TurboPT wrote:Even though you've just upgraded, have you check our Mantis for hot-fixes to that version?

Yes I have, but why?
Is there something connected to my problems?
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby TurboPT » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

gianmaria wrote:Yes I have, but why?
Is there something connected to my problems?

Why? ...because applying the hot-fixes was not mentioned in your first post, only upgrading, so we have NO WAY to tell if they have been applied, or not. Still, it is not clear in the last post if those have been applied. Mantis has been checked, but have those files been applied to your installation?

In the first post of this thread, the path in the first message appears does not appear to include the file?
gianmaria wrote:[Wed May 29 11:15:04 2013] [error] [client XX.XX.x.XXX] File does not exist: /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/gui/more_should_be_here...

If that is all of the message contains, then it seems the installation is not correct, as /gui is a directory in TestLink.

As to the notice, I'm not sure if this could be related to the first error [or not], so check Mantis to see if that has already been reported. [same for the error message, since the filename appears to be missing]
TurboPT
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
About your points.

TurboPT wrote:Why? ...because applying the hot-fixes was not mentioned in your first post, only upgrading, so we have NO WAY to tell if they have been applied, or not. Still, it is not clear in the last post if those have been applied. Mantis has been checked, but have those files been applied to your installation?

What hot fixes? I have followed your guide and readme to updgrade my TL 1.9.6 to 1.9.7.

TurboPT wrote:If that is all of the message contains, then it seems the installation is not correct, as /gui is a directory in TestLink.

What do you mean? TL works but in the 1.9.7 doens't exist the file gui under /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/
This is only a warning.
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby TurboPT » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 am

No problem... now to your points:

gianmaria wrote:What hot fixes? I have followed your guide and readme to updgrade my TL 1.9.6 to 1.9.7.

As I mentioned back in my first post to this thread:
TurboPT wrote:Even though you've just upgraded, have you check our Mantis for hot-fixes to that version?

At teamst.org, there is a link to our Mantis [although the link is named 'tracker', in the left-hand column], take a look here. However, note that there are TWO hyperlinks provided to Mantis in the "how to report an issue" post, which is located in the second thread above the list of forums.

=============================================================

gianmaria wrote:
TurboPT wrote:If that is all of the message contains, then it seems the installation is not correct, as /gui is a directory in TestLink.

What do you mean? TL works but in the 1.9.7 doens't exist the file gui under /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/
This is only a warning.

Really? ...only a warning? Then why does the portion of your posted message, hightlighted in red, claims "error" ??
The posted error wrote:[Wed May 29 11:15:04 2013] [error] [client XX.XX.x.XXX] File does not exist: /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/gui

I still contend there is more to that message. [I think it wrapped the line, and only part of it got copied when pasted?]

For reference, here's my directory listing for 1.9.7, and note the /gui [which is a directory] appears as the fourth item:
Code: Select all
TurboPT@zTurboPT Apache24/htdocs/TL19/testlink197
$ tree -L 1 -d
.
├── cfg
├── custom
├── docs
├── gui            <<< gui is here!
├── install
├── lib
├── locale
├── logs
├── third_party
└── upload_area
TurboPT
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 am

Update.

Yesterday I made the folder gui under /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/.
I don't see the error today on apache. Very stange.

Also under TL event I don't see again the warning /var/www/html/testlink/lib/functions/treeMenu.inc.php.

I don't know if it something connected.
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby TurboPT » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 am

Ok clearing the error; however, I just realized that the gui in your path is actually two levels below where it would be expected.

The testcases directory does not need a gui file/directory, so there might still be something odd with the installation. The gui in my reference is a subdirectory which is located at the testlink/gui/ path, not down in the testlink/lib/testcases/ path.
TurboPT
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 pm

TurboPT wrote:Ok clearing the error; however, I just realized that the gui in your path is actually two levels below where it would be expected.

The testcases directory does not need a gui file/directory, so there might still be something odd with the installation. The gui in my reference is a subdirectory which is located at the testlink/gui/ path, not down in the testlink/lib/testcases/ path.

Very strange,
now I see
[Wed Jun 05 12:58:20 2013] [error] [client 10.11.0.254] File does not exist: /var/www/html/testlink/lib/testcases/gui/themes

What I can do?
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby gianmaria » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,
the problem is on a pc that are using my collegue.
I asked to refresh the cache but I continue to see this error.
The other people that use TL don't make this error on apache.
Very strange.
Cloud solutions, https://onemediahub.com/
gianmaria
Advanced user
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am
Location: Pavia, Italy

Re: Error on the log - question - TL 1.9.7

Postby TurboPT » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Ok, thanks for reporting the finding!

Sounds like the issue is beyond the scope of TestLink.
[possible Apache config trouble?]

If you happen to discover anything else, please let us know, as we're sure it could help others.
TurboPT
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am


Return to Installation and configuration



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests