Reset Password

Ask community to help.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Reset Password

Postby Nitroxys » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:23 pm

hello everyone im new in this forum and i've been looking an answer to this problem but so far cant find it.
When an user click on lost password and write his username an email with a new password is send but when the user introduce this new pass it doenst work :/ this happen when i click on reset password too , the email is send but that pass doesnt work...why is this happening?? .

Ive checked the database and when clicked on forgot/reset pass and send the email, the password still the same on db, isn't supposed to be changed with the new one??

this is the email:

Code: Select all
The new Password for TestLink is:

the password is a plain text... maybe is because the combination of characters? how can i config the email so the new password for all the user that click forgot/reset is for example: 123

thanks in advance
TestLink user

Re: Reset Password

Postby fman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:18 pm

if you read README of 1.9.16 or do searches on mantis without any status filter you will find the answer.
Member of TestLink Community

Postby Nitroxys » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:33 pm

i set the reset password 123 send to email but still cant make it to update the db whit this new one. btw i have testlink version 1.9.15
TestLink user

Postby TurboPT » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm

I believe that you are missing fman's hint.

testlink 1.9.16 release notes wrote:
TestLink - 1.9.16 - Moka Pot (Released 2017-01-21)
- 7814: [User Authentication Methods] Unable to Reset Passwords For Users with DB Authentication In System Using Mixed LDAP/DB Authentication
- 7701: [API - XMLRPC] XMLRPC API returns "XML-RPC server accepts POST requests only" for any request
- 7676: [GUI] Password reset does not work
Member of TestLink Community

Return to Installation and configuration