Execute Selenium Automation Scripts from TestLink

Discussion and information for XML-RPC interface.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Execute Selenium Automation Scripts from TestLink

Postby jack090 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

After reading a few forum posts I noticed that we can use the "Execute and Save Results" button. Using: execSetResults.php I was able to have that write out an XML file with the testcase id, build id etc... I then created a simple C# program that scans the folder with the created xml file's and kicks off the appropriate automated test to my selenium grid (which I also made a simple C# program that spawns up the selenium grid for us).

Currently we have testers who use java and myself (who uses C#) writing tests in both, and kicking them off. We are still in the early phases of testing this before we put it on our live testlink server. The very nice part is that you could with a little work convert it to any programming language you want, and use any selenium rc language you want.

Our current environment involves:
Testlink -> Ubuntu (also have test environment on windows)
SQL -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
Selenium Grid -> Windows Server 2008 32bit

If the community is interested I will paste full changes that I made to testlink and source code to build the console apps.
jack090
Advanced user

Re: Execute Selenium Automation Scripts from TestLink

Postby fman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Please open issue on mantis [CONTRIBUTIO] ...., and upload there you code in zipped file and any documentation that can be useful for users
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Return to XML-RPC API