Javascript Grid not printed

LATEST Official version.
Questions and discussions - NO ISSUES
FOR ISSUES => http://mantis.testlink.org

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Javascript Grid not printed

Postby actianator » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:00 am

Hi,

I am not quite sure, if this is a bug or in case a bug of TestLink itself, so I'd like to write it here down.
I have searched the web through and through, tried out several things, but without any success.

Imagine, in report format "HTML" you've clicked the "Requirements based Report". This view contains a table (grid) showing the requirements, and for each requirement the linked test case (which may quickly raise to a significant number). Now, you want to print this.

Issue: If this table is getting too large for a printing page (many test cases), it simply disappears (page will be blank instead of table). This seems not to be a browser issue (tried Edge, IE, Firefox, Opera) nor a version issue (tried IE 9 and 11). In IE you may select the frame to be printed and you can set the scale - my table is so large, that it just fits with 30% - which is unreadable.

I've came to the conclusion, that it must be the table object, which is embedded into the css-styled html site. Because I've tried to 'style' with '@media print' and 'page-break-after' and so on which did not help. Of course, because it is an JS object embedded.

Here does my knowledge stop. I guess, this is a Ext JS plugin (found keyword GridFilters)? I guess, I have to code a page break for printing therewhere!? I did not found out how? Or am I on the wrong track?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
actianator
TestLink user

Re: Javascript Grid not printed

Postby actianator » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Ok, I found out, that a style sheet operator was the fault.

In 'resultsReqs.tpl' I had to remove
Code: Select all
style="overflow-y: auto;

whyever..(?)
actianator
TestLink user

Return to TestLink 1.9