Build Management

The release 1.6 is going to be unsupported by Community. Because our effort moves ahead. However there are still valuable informations for you.

Build Management

Postby mherbert » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:14 pm

Hello all,

I have been using testlink 1.6 in our company now for a month or two. The whole company has just switched to using it full-time last week. I love the tool, and everybody here seems to really like it so far.

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding which build is the active build. I created a build and several people ran through the testplan. Then, my boss created 3 new builds (all on the same testplan). Now all the testcases are greyed-out, except for the second build that was created?

Is this correct? Can there be only 1 \"active\" build at a time?

Thanks for any help
-Matt
mherbert
TestLink user

Postby fman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:41 am

Use:

// Contributed by Tools-R-Us@Cognizant.com
// Should Test Results of older builds be editable?
// FALSE --> Not editable
// TRUE --> Editable
$g_edit_old_build_results = FALSE;

in config.inc.php, and is used to mantain only ONE ACTIVE BUILD at a time.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby mherbert » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:17 pm

> only ONE ACTIVE BUILD at a time.

Thanks for your response, but I am still left wondering how testlink decides which is the \"one active build\".

To clarify, I enter two builds into testlink, one right after the other. The first is build001, the second is build002. I go to execute a testplan, which build will be the \"active\" build?

Thanks for your help!
-Matt
mherbert
TestLink user

Postby fman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:51 pm

the build id (assigned by the DB during the insert) is used NOT the CODE/NAME assigned by user through User Interface.
The max id is considered the last -> the active
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Active Build behavior needs to be documented

Postby sxn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 pm

The documentation currently has no mention that the last build that you define is the Active build, and that builds created prior to the Active build cannot be edited. This needs to be documented.

It would be better if the admin could change this behavior from the tool rather than by editing the config.inc.php file. Perhaps this could be changed in a future release.
sxn
TestLink user

Return to TestLink 1.6 (closed)