Moving test cases between products?

The release 1.6 is going to be unsupported by Community. Because our effort moves ahead. However there are still valuable informations for you.

Moving test cases between products?

Postby drew » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:40 pm

Is there any way of moving test cases between products? As we release a new product it contains many features that share other products, so the same test cases can be reused in most cases. Is there a way to take the test cases created in one product and have them available when I open a new product? I know that I can re-use the test cases between the different suites of the same product which is great. But I can't really find a way to do that across products. I'm using Test Link 1.6.2

I've already looked at trimpers message regarding the same issue and the solution there does not seem to be working for me.

P.S. Why does everyone have random slashes in their mesages // <-- Like this it simply looks weird / and makes things difficult to read. See?[/b]
drew
Advanced user

yes..it's possible

Postby kirank » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:03 pm

I am using TL 1.6.2 and recently did this. However this is only possible at a \"component\" level. you cannot do this at individual tc level. Go to specs, click on the component | click \"copy\" you should see other products listed in the pulldown menu. All tc\'s in that component will get copied to the new product.

That\'s it !
kirank
Advanced user

Return to TestLink 1.6 (closed)