TL 1.9.5 with JIRA, Test Excution page response very slowly

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

TL 1.9.5 with JIRA, Test Excution page response very slowly

Postby wangming » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 am

When I enable issue tracker with JIRA in TestLink 1.9.5, I find the page to display a test case in Test Excution very slowly. It will take 7 seconds. But it will take 2 seconds at most when I disable it. How to reduce the response time because it takes too long time to be accepted.

Thanks
wangming
TestLink user

Re: TL 1.9.5 with JIRA, Test Excution page response very slo

Postby fman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 am

info about test plan amount of linked test cases, builds, executions, bugs linked to testcase and users is needed in order to undertand why page takes 2 seconds to open
The additional time when jira is integrated depends on network probaly. Integ is done via SOAP or DB ?
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby wangming » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The JIRA integration is done via SOAP.
Because when I disable the JIRA integration, the same test case in Test Execution responses fast. And I test in the source code: execSetResults.php. when I changed this code "$its = $it_mgr->getInterfaceObject($args->tproject_id);" to "$its=null;", it responses as fast as without JIRA integration. So I guess the time is to get linked bug information from JIRA . But it is fast when I retrieve the JIRA page through web browser.
So I want to know if it is possible to modify the code that get data from jira to make it faster.

Thanks
wangming
TestLink user

Postby fman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 pm

you are comparing apples with horses.
When we try to access jira via API we use SOAP, when you access JIRA via browser you are just using HTTP => you can not compare it.
This seems to be some kind of network issue.
If I've some way to get info from JIRA and go faster, I absolutely did it before.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Return to Jira