TestLink - Integration with Redmine on different PC

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

TestLink - Integration with Redmine on different PC

Postby scais » Sun May 04, 2014 8:50 am

Hello,

I would like to configure TestLink to work with Redmine. I spent many hours trying to configure it, but I still do not see the "bug icon" when I finish my test execution.

My SW: TestLink 1.9.9 (my local PC), Redmine (remote server, 1.4.4.stable (MySQL))
I have allowed the REST-API on my Redmine.
My TestLink configuration:
<!-- Template redminerestInterface -->
<issuetracker>
<apikey>REDMINE_SECRET_API_KEY</apikey>
<uribase>http://REDMINE_ADRESS</uribase>
<uriview>http://REDMINE_ADRESS/issues/</uriview> <!-- for Redmine 1.x add show/ -->
<!-- Project Identifier is NEEDED ONLY if you want to create issues from TL -->
<projectidentifier>testlinkredminetest</projectidentifier>
<!-- Configure This if you need to provide other attributes -->
<!-- <attributes><targetversion>10100<targetversion></attributes> -->
<!-- Configure This if you want NON STANDARD BEHAIVOUR for considered issue resolved -->
<resolvedstatus>
<status><code>3</code><verbose>Resolved</verbose></status>
<status><code>5</code><verbose>Closed</verbose></status>
</resolvedstatus>
</issuetracker>

I think, my configuration is OK, because TestLink can connect to the Redmine because I have the yellow bulb in the issue tracker management configuration window - http://postimg.org/image/j8b4dg31v/full/. I also used WireShark to "debug" the communication between TL and Redmine and the "connection bulb test" really got project names from Redmine. The problem is, I do not see the "bug icon" when I finish my test execution - http://postimg.org/image/yx4t9j7sn/full/ I used WireShark to catch communication between TestLink and Redmine during the test execution, but I did not find any communication. So I tried to follow the old manual and add into config.inc.php and to custom_config.inc.php the string $g_interface_bugs = 'REDMINE' but it also did not help. I add some logs into redmine-rest-api.php and it also showed this class is not called during the test execution. I also checked the logs, but there is no error or warning.

Can somebody help me please?

FYI: I read the manuals (tl-bts-howto.pdf etc.) but I found them quiet old. I tried to follow threads in this forum, but I did not found the answer.
scais
TestLink user

Re: TestLink - Integration with Redmine on different PC

Postby fman » Sun May 04, 2014 5:49 pm

IMHO this kind of problem has been solved for other kind of issue trackers.
When using OLD kind of integration (NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE) one defined the issue tracker YOU HAVE JUST ONE enabled for ALL TEST PROJECTS.

With new integration, after issue tracker is defined, YOU NEED TO assign it to the test project.

HERE (may be not in a super clear way) we have provided info about changes => viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6972
Sometimes is matter of searching using different critirias.

Please next time port in the right forum section , there is one regarding issue tracking integration.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Re: TestLink - Integration with Redmine on different PC

Postby scais » Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm

fman wrote:IMHO this kind of problem has been solved for other kind of issue trackers.
When using OLD kind of integration (NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE) one defined the issue tracker YOU HAVE JUST ONE enabled for ALL TEST PROJECTS.

With new integration, after issue tracker is defined, YOU NEED TO assign it to the test project.

HERE (may be not in a super clear way) we have provided info about changes => viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6972
Sometimes is matter of searching using different critirias.

Please next time port in the right forum section , there is one regarding issue tracking integration.

Hello, thank you for quick reply, it really helped me. The problem was, I did not know I was supposed to ASSIGN the issue tracker to the Testlink :oops:. Now with assigned issuetracker (and also checked the "Active" checkbox) it is working like a charm. Sometimes is the simplest solutions the best one :idea:.
scais
TestLink user

Return to Redmine