Can testlink do this?

The release related discussions, plans and questions.

Can testlink do this?

Postby sglancer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 am

I wanta use testlink for QA test on our company products, I have tried testlink v1.74 and v1.8beta, seems neither one can be configured for the following scenario:

I want to create a common test project and create all test suites/cases under this common project. It's easy to do maintenance of test cases.
Then create new test project for each product, and create test plans under those projects.

The problem is how can I add test cases from the common project to test plans under other project? In testlink v1.74, I managed to add, but when execute the test plan, I must select the common project to execute those test cases.
sglancer
TestLink user

Postby Nogem » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:41 am

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm mistaken (please do) but my understanding is that cross project test case copying and linking is not currently supported but is on the feature map for the future. Hopefully.

Cheers
Nogem
Advanced user

Postby fman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Not sure will be done in future versions, as usual is not easy as seems
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby davila » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:13 pm

We also have some test cases we'd like to copy over to a different test project and will attempt to do this through mySQL. Normally, we'd have done this right the first time, but mgmt wanted something different.

Thanks TL team for a great product!!!
davila
Advanced user

Postby prashant.katti » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 am

I think u can export your test cases and then import the test case in your new project using 1.8, i m not sure. Correct me if i m wrong.
prashant.katti
Advanced user

Return to TestLink 1.7 (Closed)