Custom Fields and Reports Customization

Discuss test processes, standards, documentation, teams, criteria, test environments, etc.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Custom Fields and Reports Customization

Postby Amaradana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 am

Dear TestLink Team,
I am planning to implement the tool in our Company, as far as our requirements it suited to about 70 % of, but the remaining 30% is related to Custom Fileds and Results customization, Which I would like discuss here.

Custom Fields :
When we import a test cases only 4 Standard fields are Exported, though we assign a custom field to test cases, If there is also facility to export and imoport the custom fieldfs that would be great

Results Customization :
I knew some of the part the results are based on the
(execuation status like pass ,fail, not run, blocked). there is a status called "Not released" in our company. So when we generate a reports we also need the reports with "Not Released status".

Is there any possiblity that can be considered for implemeting the above sceanrios, Please let me know. These two points stop us before implementing the tool.

Thanks,
Amardeep Maradana
Amaradana
Member of TestLink Community

Postby havlatm » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:22 am

Export/Import of CF is planned for the next major release (1.9). You can develop it yourself of course too.

Results status customization is easy. Look at configuration (especially config/const.inc.php). You need to add your status to a few definitions and to you localization file. I think that it's already described in Installation manual too.
havlatm

Postby fman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:21 pm

export/import is present on 1.8 RC4
fman

Return to General Testing and Test management