1.8.0 beta 3: SQL error

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

1.8.0 beta 3: SQL error

Postby seanlanter » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 pm

I created a custom field of type "String", all the options enabled, and available for Test Case. When I go to the Home tab and choose "Define custom fields", I see the new field. However, when I click on the field's name, I get an error response because a query is run with an incorrect table name:

ERROR ON exec_query() - database.class.php
1146 - Table 'testlink.cfield_testplan_design_values' doesn't exist - SELECT field_id FROM cfield_design_values WHERE field_id=1 UNION SELECT field_id FROM cfield_testplan_design_values WHERE field_id=1 UNION SELECT field_id FROM cfield_execution_values WHERE field_id=1

THE MESSAGE :: SQL [17] executed [took 0.0001 secs][all took 0.0039 secs]: SELECT field_id FROM cfield_design_values WHERE field_id=1 UNION SELECT field_id FROM cfield_testplan_design_values WHERE field_id=1 UNION SELECT field_id FROM cfield_execution_values WHERE field_id=1 Query failed: errorcode[1146] errormsg:Table 'testlink.cfield_testplan_design_values' doesn't exist

Fatal error: Call to a member function RecordCount() on a non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/testlink_1_8_beta3/lib/functions/database.class.php on line 408


Is this an easy fix?
seanlanter
TestLink user
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:51 pm

Postby fman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:53 pm

beta 3 needs new database => you can not use it on beta 2 db.

if problem persiste anyway do not use forum to report issue, use mantis
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

Postby seanlanter » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Thank you kindly!

And sorry for the clutter in the forum -- I saw the Tracker link just after I submitted here...
seanlanter
TestLink user
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:51 pm

Postby fman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:53 am

No problem.
have a nice day
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

Postby aksinghv » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 am

Do we need to run the migration script from 1.8.0 beta2 to 1.8.0 beta3 as yo you have said about the beta3 has newer database?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
Anjani Singh
aksinghv
Advanced user
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:06 am

Postby havlatm » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:26 am

There is no scripted support for Beta versions. Compare SQL files for Beta2 and Beta3 and modify schema via any SQL client.
We will support scripted update from 1.7.x to 1.8 RC1 (and later).
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Czech

Postby aksinghv » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:44 am

thanks for the response.

I am new to database upgrade/migration. Can you help me in how do i identfiy the schema differences. At the moment i do not have any expertise.

With your help i would certainly be able to migrate the database from 1.8b2 to 1.8b3 and later.

Has anyone tried doing this? This will help novice like us.

Thanks,
Anjani Singh
aksinghv
Advanced user
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:06 am

Postby fman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 pm

what about open (with a good editor )create*.sql on version 1.8, beta 2 and beta 3 and diff them ?
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

Postby aksinghv » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am

Thanks for suggestions.

I used pspad for the diff of crete*.sql files on 1.8b2 and 1.8b3 and changing the tables (alterering, adding, etc).

I will let you know once i am done with it.


Thanks,
Anjani Singh
aksinghv
Advanced user
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:06 am

Postby aksinghv » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi,

I have done the diff and added the tables/altered the tables.
I have deleted (dropped) the
`node_order` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
from the requirements table.

now my testlink DB contains 40 tables.

My default for engine for for all the tables were innodb. I have changed it to MYISAM.

With this change, I am unable to assign testcases to testers. What could be the problem?

Now, I have pointed to use only testlin1.8b3 pages.

thanks,
Anjani Singh
aksinghv
Advanced user
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:06 am

Postby aksinghv » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi,

I missed one thing:
If i use the tl 1.8b2 with above changes, i am able to see the test cases for assignment. what could be the issue?

I have already cleaned my cache everytime i did the switching between tl1.8b2 and tl1.8b3.

Am I missing anyother change?

thanks,
Anjani Singh
aksinghv
Advanced user
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:06 am

Postby mguarinoni » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:32 pm

i just run from 1.8b2 to 1.8b3:

CREATE TABLE `cfield_testplan_design_values` (
`field_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`link_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'point to testplan_tcversion id',
`value` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`,`link_id`),
KEY `idx_cfield_tplan_design_val` (`link_id`)
) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

ALTER TABLE `custom_fields` ADD COLUMN
`show_on_testplan_design` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `custom_fields` ADD COLUMN
`enable_on_testplan_design` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';

and it works.
mguarinoni
TestLink user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Postby fman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 pm

missing table creation has been added to CVS code last friday
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am


Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest