Feature Request: Ability to filter on any build

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Feature Request: Ability to filter on any build

Postby bkobs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Would it be possible to add an '<any>' filter for builds when executing test cases. This would be very helpful if you have multiple builds created and wanted to execute only the test cases which have never been executed.

Should I add a feature request to Mantis or has someone already modified the code to do this?
bkobs
TestLink user

Postby fman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 pm

You can add request on mantis.
IMHO your request is not a good way to work.
When you are testing you do not test on several builds at a time.
My vote for this request will be reject.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby yukihito » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:19 pm

I am rather wanting to have this feature because I do have a team that does not test every single function of every new build.

edit: example of my problem case is,
we have certain testers that would check portions of the entire test plan, these testers do not test the entire build that gets released every week. Once a portion is correct we would have it locked otherwise if a new update would come out, it would be notified and tested again.

Since currently the navigator would not show previous build history, the testers would have to open the actual test case on the right side main panel to see it's pass/fail history and this is a problem with server access load for having to fetch for the content every time.

If there are any, comments please.
yukihito
TestLink user

Postby havlatm » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:04 pm

I agree with Francisco. Test report counts the latest results within Test Plan. There is no need fill DB with "invalid" test results.
I guess that you are looking for more information about previous results.
1. Check configuration to allow more information in test execution window.
2. If it will not help, create a feature request to tracker, with use case where will be clearly defined which information miss where.
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community

Postby yukihito » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 pm

thanks for the reply.

I have looked in to the config to show the previous builds history on the actual test case but haven't found any config for filtering previous test cases run on the tree structure.

In case I can't filter the already run test cases on the tree structure, I would have to load the actually content on the right side panel to show if the test has been run before with a pass or fail, blocked status. From my view this seems a waste of server power having to list the actual test cases before actually knowing if the test case has been run before or not by the tester.
yukihito
TestLink user

Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]