Test case Id lost when migrationg from 1.7.4 to 1.8 B3

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

External ID not filled in mirgration process

Postby rinmar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:06 pm

is there a possibility to fill the external_id via the migration process?
testcase id is filled, external id is 0.
rinmar
Advanced user
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Solution see Mantis id 0002020

Postby rinmar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:59 am

Solution see Mantis id 0002020
rinmar
Advanced user
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Postby fman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm

utility page has been added on third_party folder of last CVS code
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

Postby unixadmin007 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 am

After migration run this command, it will resume id's.

UPDATE tcversions a SET a.tc_external_id = (SELECT b.parent_id from nodes_hierarchy b where a.id = b.id);
unixadmin007
Advanced user
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Postby pantana » Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 am

Will these solutions work if a number of test cases have been added after the upgrade? What about their ids?
pantana
TestLink user
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby fman » Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm

prefix can not be disabled
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

if you performed upgrade- update testprojects.tc_counter

Postby kevinlevy » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 pm

In response to pantana's question.

I was in the same boat - I upgraded an existing 1.7 database to 1.8. I followed the instructions on using a prefix and than altering my db so that the external ids matched up with internal ids.

However, when I created new test cases - the ids assigned seem to be low and were the same ids that had been used before.

I fixed this problem by altering the column testprojects.tc_counter for each of my projects. I set the counter to a high number so that I was sure this wasn't going to be used.

This seems to be a bug with the upgrader though - and this should be dealt with as part of the upgrade script.
Kevin Levy
kevinlevy
TestLink user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Previous

Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests