Test case formatting is not being displayed

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Test case formatting is not being displayed

Postby gustopher » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm

I've been playing around with 1.8RC1 and so far I like it a lot. The one issue that I haven't been able to figure out on my own is this:

I manually create a new test cause using the default fckeditor (not by importing) with bold headers and numbered lists. And everything looks fine in the editor. I save the test case and it's created successfully.

HOWEVER: when I go to view the test case (during execution for example) all of the formatting is lost. The bold text is not being displayed as bold, the numbered lists aren't numbered.

When I view the test cases in the tcversion table the html tags are there (<strong> <li>) but they are not being interpreted.

To eliminate my browser I checked in IE7 and FF3, same result. I also went onto the demo of TestLink linked to from teamst.org main page and tried to create the same test cases. The formatting was exactly how I created it when I executed the test cases after creation.

Has anyone else had this problem? I searched the forums, no luck.

My setup is:

OS: CentOS 5.2 Server
Apache: 2.2.3
PHP: 5.2.6 (with php-json v1.2.1)
MySQL: 5.0.45

Help would be greatly appreciated!!
gustopher
TestLink user
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Postby stealZzz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:43 pm

I have this problem.

Using
TL 1.8RC1
IE 7
Apache/2.2.9
PHP: 5.2.6

I do not know how it can be fixed. But please make it fixed in 1.8RC2
stealZzz
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Postby stealZzz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 am

I just found solution !

Problem is reproducable if you have Ext JS Enabled in cfg.

But if you want to have Ext JS + formatted Lists
Go to \testlink\third_party\ext-2.0\css\

and comment line #13
/* ol,ul{list-style:inherit;} */


PS: WARNING: side effect is not investigated by me - but it can BE
stealZzz
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Postby gustopher » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks stealZzz that worked like a charm.

I commented out line #13 in /testlink/third_party/ext-2.0/css/ext-all.css and now I've got my ordered lists.

Cheers!
gustopher
TestLink user
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Postby havlatm » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:14 pm

I can confirm that the problem is already fixed for RC2
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Czech

Postby stealZzz » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:44 pm

after updating to 1.8 RC2
this bug is still reproducable + My solution (above) is not work in RC2 :(


My Browser is IE7
stealZzz
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Postby havlatm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm sorry, my mistake. It's fixed on CVS HEAD and it will be RC3.
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Czech


Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests