MySQL upgrade Failed while moving from 1.7.1 to 1.8 RC1

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

MySQL upgrade Failed while moving from 1.7.1 to 1.8 RC1

Postby tanweernoor » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Guys,
currently we are running with Testlink 1.7.1, i took db backup and installed testlink RC 1.8 RC1 on a different test machine and performed db restore, i got error and then performed upgrade database, while upgrading i saw below error, please suggest what could be the wrong??

TestLink setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to Database Server: OK!

Checking MySQL version: OK! (5.0.67 >= 4.1.0)

Connecting to database `testlinkdb`: OK!
Creating Testlink DB user `testlinkuser`: OK! (ok - user_exists ok - grant assignment)
Processing:sql/alter_tables/1.8/mysql/DB.1.2/db_schema_update.sqlERROR ON exec_query() - database.class.php
1050 - Table 'cfield_testplan_design_values' already exists - CREATE TABLE `cfield_testplan_design_values` ( field_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0', link_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'point to testplan_tcversion id', value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`,`link_id`), KEY `idx_cfield_tplan_design_val` (`link_id`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

THE MESSAGE :: SQL [14] executed [took 0.0002 secs][all took 0.037 secs]: CREATE TABLE `cfield_testplan_design_values` ( field_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0', link_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'point to testplan_tcversion id', value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`,`link_id`), KEY `idx_cfield_tplan_design_val` (`link_id`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 Query failed: errorcode[1050] errormsg:Table 'cfield_testplan_design_values' already exists

Processing:sql/alter_tables/1.8/mysql/DB.1.2/z_final_step.sql
Failed! - Upgrade failed!

TestLink setup couldn't install the default site into the selected database. The last error to occur was Table 'cfield_testplan_design_values' already exists during the execution of SQL statement CREATE TABLE `cfield_testplan_design_values` ( field_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0', link_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'point to testplan_tcversion id', value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`,`link_id`), KEY `idx_cfield_tplan_design_val` (`link_id`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
tanweernoor
Advanced user

Postby tanweernoor » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:39 am

well, here is the solution that worked for me...

after restoring old backup i dropped table cfield_testplan_design_values;
and it worked fine, after applying the db upgrade.

thanks
tanweer
tanweernoor
Advanced user

Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]