Unable to increase the size of Test Case Title

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Unable to increase the size of Test Case Title

Postby Ram » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to increase the size of "Test Case title" field of Test Case Creation to fit more characters. The present size was 150 Characters & I tried to increase to 255 Characters. But there appears to be no difference in the app, I cant enter more than the specified length of 150.

I am using Test Link 1.8.2. The table which I have been using is nodes_hierarchy & the column which I tried to increase from 150 to 255 was "name". Please let me know if there is some other table that requires modification.

It would really be very appreciated if any one can let me know if there is something which I am missing and advance Thanks for your response.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Undoubtfully to say TestLink is one deserving product which any company does like to view, when evaluating Test Case Management Tools.

Thanks & Regards,
RamPrasad
Ram
TestLink user

Postby Ram » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi ,

Please could any of you let me know if there is something else which I have been missing.

Now as when I physically counted the number of characters allowed in the Test Case Title, I could see that we are able to enter only 75 characters, so I am assuming that there is something else which I need to change & it is just not this only one table, because the table which i had changed nodes_hierarchy, was already having 150 as the default, but it is not accepting those many characters.

Please could either of you suggest of some information or else please let me know if this is a limitation in Test Link 1.8.2.

Appreciate your response on this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
RamPrasad
Ram
TestLink user

Postby fman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:53 am

use too long title is IMHO a BIG MISTAKE.
What a test case must do must be written on notes / summary non in title.

Long name produce weird effects at UI.
Then if you want to increase you have

1. editi inputconfig* file that control size od fields on smarty template
2. increas column size

3. test and see what will happen
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby Ram » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi fman,

Thanks for the response.

But as our test cases needs to be given to clients & they want titles to be very clear, so it is just limiting us , as we are unable to enter more than the maximum of 75 Characters.Clients are not interested to look for summary & they want everything from title.So, we had this requirement.

And I could not find the inputconfig files in 1.8.2, so please could you guide me if there is some other place where in which I could find the same.

Appreciate your response on this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
RamPrasad
Ram
TestLink user

Postby fman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:23 am

wrong file name look for:

input_dimensions.conf

must be under templates folder
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby Ram » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Fman,

Thanks for the wonderful support, which helped me to fix the concern which we are having. Thanks a lot.....

Thanks & Regards,
RamPrasad
Ram
TestLink user

Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]