I created a couple weeks ago a new projects but it disapear

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

I created a couple weeks ago a new projects but it disapear

Postby jlahitet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 am

Hi all,

Test linkg 1.8 RC2 build.

This is urgent.
I created a new Test project plan a couple weeks ago
ID = 200, name = hypercore
I added some requirments and created a bunch of directories and 1020 test cases for my team.
Unfortunately, after removing a couple requirements from the requirement specification directory belonging to this project, I started to reorder them.

Suddenly after reordering the last requirement I lost my project plan id 200, name hypercore.
From my UI on the top of the right corner, I cannot select my test project anymore from my project selection drop list

I did not delete anything and the logs are proving that but I lost the test project plan id=200, name = hypercore

I added again this project plan using test project management and the same name and id.
Testlink tells me that it is a dupplicate id and name.

So I am sure I still have my test cases and project plan in the DB but I cannot acccess it through my UI anymore

Could you help me please and give me an advise to recover my project requirements and test cases
jlahitet
TestLink user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 am

Adding info

Postby jlahitet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 pm

In the table builds you can see my build from testlink DB still existing, id 4, 5, 6,7, 8, 9 but I cannot access them anymore see below

In the table test project I can see on id 1 the prefix colum 200 representing my project
So everything is in the database but my UI cannot access this Hypercore, id =200 project so I lost my test project on the UI but not in the DB
Can someone has an idea how to debug that
Thanks
Jeff

+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+-------------+-----------------+-------------------+--------+------------+
| id | notes | color | active | option_reqs | option_priority | option_automation | prefix | tc_counter |
+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+-------------+-----------------+-------------------+--------+------------+
| 1 | <p>This Project hold all test case related t</p> | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 200 | 2550 |
| 2 | | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 100 | 1077 |
| 517 | | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 000 | 351 |
| 4811 | | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 300 | 70 |
| 8021 | <p> release</p> | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 500 | 0 |
+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+-------------+-----------------+-------------------+--------+------------+

mysql> select * from builds where id > 0;
+----+-------------+-------------------+---------------------------------------+--------+---------+
| id | testplan_id | name | notes | active | is_open |
+----+-------------+-------------------+---------------------------------------+--------+---------+
| 1 | 360 | 1.0.2.188 | | 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 516 | Build-2624 | | 1 | 1 |
| 3 | 1300 | dff | <p>cfvc</p> | 1 | 1 |
| 4 | 1300 | Build-2789 | | 1 | 1 |
| 5 | 516 | Build-2912 | | 1 | 1 |
| 6 | 516 | Build-2944 | <p>Build has ext3.</p> | 1 | 1 |
| 7 | 4812 | r2944 | <p>Smoke test on r2944</p> | 1 | 1 |
| 8 | 516 | Build-2977 | <p>pre testing</p> | 1 | 1 |
| 9 | 516 | Build-3007 | | 1 | 1 |
| 11 | 516 | Build-3083 | <p>Code Freeze build from train 1</p> | 1 | 1 |
| 12 | 7188 | Fai | <p> release</p> | 1 | 1 |
+----+-------------+-------------------+---------------------------------------+--------+---------+
jlahitet
TestLink user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 am

I resolve my own problem by adding the following

Postby jlahitet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Inside the nodes_hierarchy may project has been removed.
Only in this table.
My 1020 testcases and requirments was in the database so we did not delete anything but it was a bug of the software.

The only think I remember before losing the project I was changing the order of the requirements.
After changing the last requirement order, I lost my project.
Apparently the nodes_hierarchy.namen has been affected

Workaround
Check the table testprojects and recover the id.
Then Insert using the command below this row in the table nodes_hierarchy.name,testprojects, and your project should come back in the UI.
See below

SELECT nodes_hierarchy.name,testprojects.* FROM nodes_hierarchy JOIN testprojects ON nodes_hierarchy.id=testprojects.id;
select * from nodes_hierarchy where id=4811 limit 10;
select * from nodes_hierarchy where id=517 limit 10;
select * from nodes_hierarchy where id=8021 limit 10;
select * from nodes_hierarchy where id=1 limit 10;
INSERT INTO nodes_hierarchy (1,'HyperCore',NULL,1,1);
INSERT INTO nodes_hierarchy vALUES (1,'HyperCore',NULL,1,1);
SELECT nodes_hierarchy.name,testprojects.* FROM nodes_hierarchy JOIN testprojects ON nodes_hierarchy.id=testprojects.id;
jlahitet
TestLink user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 am

Postby disposer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:16 pm

@jlahitet: You saved my day!

This morning all my projects suddenly disappeared, I tried to fix the problem for hours.

I don't know why but the entries of the projects in "nodes_hierarchy" have been deleted. After manually adding them, testlink worked fine again.

Thank you for sharing this helpful information!
disposer
TestLink user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:41 am


Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests