Testlink 1.8.1 Problems with IE (6 & 7)

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Testlink 1.8.1 Problems with IE (6 & 7)

Postby marekw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi :)

We recently updated our testlink installation and receive problems we didn't encouter while using TL 1.7.0. For example notes don't work in ie (firefox displays them well) and when we want to see a detailed event it also shows only progress bar (in IE). It works ok in firefox.


Error logged in events: E_NOTICE Undefined index: title - in /devel/testlink_odnowa/gui/templates_c/%%4A^4A2^4A2CD998%%workAreaSimple.tpl.php - Line 13
marekw
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Postby fman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:57 pm

if is an issue this is not the place
fman
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 am

Postby havlatm » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Your IE could have a security settings that block it or something similar.
The error log record is not harmful.
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Czech

Postby marekw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 am

Ok here is an error from event viewer in testlink:

E_NOTICE Undefined index: title – in /devel/testlink_odnowa/guie/templates_c/%%4A^4A2^4A2CD998%%workAreaSimple.tpl.php – Line 13

We're running a php 5.2.9 server on redhat linux.

PS I changed IE security settings to default and still nothing.


PS2 No errors are logged by testlink :?
marekw
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Postby havlatm » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 am

I see you log issue http://www.testlink.org/mantis/view.php?id=2440.
S, lets continue in tracker.
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Czech

Postby marekw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:41 am

Yes I did. But I'm still not sure if it's a bug or some misconfiguration...


EDIT: this is unfortunately some misconfiguration. Because redhat is quite slow in adding new thingies to their OS I needed to compile php from source. Maybe I made a mistake there? I used configure with options like these:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-libdir=lib64 --prefix=/devel/php-5.2.9 --with-gd=/devel/gd-2.0.35/lib --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib64 --with-zlib-dir=/usr/include --with-png-dir=/usr/lib64 --with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib64
marekw
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Postby marekw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:22 am

I changed default-charset in php.ini to UTF-8 and it works fine. Thanks for your help... Fortunately google works fine.
marekw
TestLink user
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm


Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests