Jira integration appears less complete in latest version

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Jira integration appears less complete in latest version

Postby touringhaggis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:05 am

Hello all,

First of all allow me to admit that I am a Testlink novice, so I appologise if this is a eye roll worthy post :wink:

I have just completed an update of Testlink from version 1.9.3 to version 1.9.7 and all went completely as documented. The only difference that we have observed is when creating Jira tickets. Obviously the configuration for this component changed between versions and, with the help of this forum, I managed to migrate across our settings and get tickets created. The problem, and the reason for this question, is that the dialog that opens when creating a new ticket is missing of all the input fields that it used to have (there are just two buttons to create or cancel). So we cannot add any details to the ticket that is created.

Is there some magic that I am missing to add the missing entry fields?

I see that someone else asked about required fields and was told that they would need to either code the requested feature themselves or fund the development. Is this a similar situation?

Many thanks in advance...

Regards,
Eric.
touringhaggis
TestLink user

Re: Jira integration appears less complete in latest version

Postby fman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Only thing that has changed is way to configure.
The old integration supported only LINKING (not issue creation from TestLink) and have always only one data to provide: ISSUE TRACKER TICKET ID.
Do not know if you have done some kind of customization.

If you want to have some custom development by donation, contact testlink.forum@gmail.com
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby touringhaggis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. No, I have not performed any form of customisation so far as I have been pulled in a number of directions as of late (I assume you know the feeling).

I never used the old version of testlink and so I have not seen the old screen, but if it was just a pop up from jira it would make sense that it has more text entry fields and nothing has technically gone "missing".

So I have two further questions:
1. Is it possible to restore the previous "linking" mechanism in the latest version of testlink?
2. If not possible, can you estimate the effort (i.e. cost) of the development of basic issue description entry in testlink?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Eric.
touringhaggis
TestLink user

Postby fman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Since we have added possibility to create Ticket from TestLink (using SOAP for JIRA), nothing have been removed.
This means that you can add a link on TestLink to an existent JIRA TICKET and you can not add other thing that TICKET ID, because TestLink access to a set
of pre-established TICKET attributes.

When your choice is to create Ticket from TestLink via API on JIRA, right now you can not add any info at GUI level.
If this is what you want, please create a as much as possibile detailed requirement, with use case and some screenshots and send this info to francisco.mancardi@gmail.com, this way we can continue the discussion and talk about possibility of custom development.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Return to Jira