Session expired on login

Ask community to help.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Session expired on login

Postby jonny » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:08 pm

I\'ve just installed Testlink on Windows XP, having previously run it successfully on Linux.

When I try to log in, I\'m immediately told that my session has expired. If I try to add a new user, it appears in the database, so the problem\'s not to do with the connection to MySQL.

Anyone know what\'s going on?
jonny

Occurrs also at http://testlink.sourceforge.net/docs/testLin

Postby siggi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:27 pm

The same thing happens on the demo site

http://testlink.sourceforge.net/docs/testLink.php

Not sure why. I\'m just trying to see how testlinks looks like.
siggi

Postby fman » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:56 am

1. please report this issue in Mantis
2. I\'m running on Windows XP without problems
3. Please specify
PHP Version
MySQL Version

may be you have the MySQL problems with old password / new password

PLEASE: dont\' report bugs here
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Postby jonny » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:28 pm

I don\'t think this is a bug... I think it\'s my own stupid fault. I\'ve installed MySQL 5, but I see in the documentation that 4.0.x is required.

Time to start again.

BTW, demo site works fine for me.
jonny

Postby jonny » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:56 am

After much aggravation, reinstalling with xamp (an integrated Apache/PHP/MySQL software package) worked.

It\'s incredible how much more difficult it is to set up a WAMP server than a LAMP one. I felt my way through installing Testlink on Ubuntu Linux in less than an hour; it took two of us more than a day subsequently to get it working under Windows. If you have a choice, Linux is the way to go :D
jonny

Postby jonny » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:59 am

Forgot to say... Testlink 1.5 is great software, and a sneak preview of version 1.6 looks even better.

Thanks to all the developers for your hard work.
jonny

Postby havlatm » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:46 am

I used successfully EasyPHP after problems with WAMP.
havlatm

Session expired

Postby qantomblr » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:59 am

Jonny,

Did the session expired problem go away when you switched to Mysql 4? I installed MySQL 5 / testlink. I was able to login once but after that I am only getting a session expired.

I have installed it on linux(Fedora core3 )

Thanks
Raghu
qantomblr

Postby fman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Regarding how difficult is to install a WAMP solution, I must say that I\'m a linux fan, but installing on Windows, apache, php and mysq is not so difficult.
Normally I download ANY COMPONENT and install one at a time without
problems.
Once you make good experience on Linux, you install on windows without problems.
I don?t like combo solutions like XAMPP or EasyPHP

Regarding PHP5 and-or MySQL5 we have done no test with this components.

I\'m planning to test MySQL 5.0.15 on fedora core 3
fman

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:38 pm

I\\\'m not sure what solved my problems, as we started again with the Apache / MySQL / PHP components of the solution using xamp, making sure that we had the recommended version of each bit of software. Something changed, and I assumed that it was the mysql version - the Testlink documentation lists version 4.1.x as a requirement.

Previously we\\\'d tried installing each part of the Apache-MySQL-PHP solution separately, as suggested above, following a couple of detailed how-tos we found on the web. Despite hours of fiddling with the php.ini file we couldn\\\'t start a Testlink session, although we could add users to the database.

In contrast, it took me no more than 10 minutes to install Apache, MySQL and PHP on Ubuntu Linux - including the time I took to find the wiki page with perfect, work-first-time instructions and download the software. In the time I wasted with that WAMP server, I could have gone to the local computer store, bought a bag of hardware, built a server, installed ubuntu, configured Apache-MySQL-PHP-Testlink and still had time for a few beers.

I\\\'m no linux expert. But speaking purely as a layman who wants to get on with earning a living, I found ubuntu to be much more user friendly in this regard.

I also had a Login expired, due to short_open_tag = Off

Postby JeroenDockx » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Testlink uses short_open_tags ; the php files start with <? instead of <?php
In my php.ini; short_open_tag was off
When I changed this to short_open_tag = On the problem was solved.

!! On the PHP-site it is recommended, not to use short_open_tags in your php-files. So, Testlink developers, maybe you could change the <? into <?php in your php files. !!
JeroenDockx
TestLink user

Return to Installation and configuration