Unable to assign Risk/Ownership to test cases.

1.8 related questions and discussions.
Please upgrade to LATEST 1.9.x.
No more fixes for 1.8.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Unable to assign Risk/Ownership to test cases.

Postby Vikas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:27 pm

HI,
We are using testlink in our organization, just now we have upgraded from version 1.7.5 to 1.8. Now the problem is, i am unable to assign risk/owmership to test cases, as i am unaware of the steps so that i can assign risk level to a test case on the basis of which i am going to decide the importance level of a test case.
Please guide and if you can provide me steps it would be great.

Thanks
Vikas
Vikas
TestLink user

Postby havlatm » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Just to be sure: did you read User manual description?
havlatm
Member of TestLink Community

Postby Vikas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:37 am

Yes i do, but the information is not enough in the user manual. In user manual it is wriiten as
"Priority
TestLink gives users with Leader rights the ability to assign ownership and priority to test cases. General Risk/Ownership is done at the category level. TestLink currently does not allow users to assign risk or ownership at the individual test case level.
Risk levels are low, medium, high and Importance levels are 3, 2, 1. Users can rank the combinations of risk and importance (L1, L2, L3, M1, H2, M3, H1, H2, H3) as priority A,B,C."
After reading this my understanding is, for eg in a module there are 20 test cases and 5 risk levels. For Risk R1 there are 5 test cases to which we will give them importance as high.
Now the problem is i am unable to find the category level from where i can perform the Risk/Ownership assignment. Until and unless i define risk levels in the testlink i can not map the risk and importance level.
It is also written in the manual that "TestLink currently does not allow users to assign risk or ownership at the individual test case level.", So i am assuming that currently it is done at test suite level.
Please guide.

Thanks
Vikas
Vikas
TestLink user

Return to TestLink 1.8 (OBSOLETE => EOL)[LOCKED]