Testlink adapter for pnunit

Discussion and information for XML-RPC interface.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Testlink adapter for pnunit

Postby mdvijay » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi,
first of all, i would like to appreciate this forum for sharing the ideas. I am vijay and in our company we are using test link adapter in Nunit 2.5.2 and its working great. But when we try to run the same tests in PNunit (it comes with Nunit now), the results are not updated to the test link.

If somebody has any idea on this. Please revert back

Thank you

Regards
Vijay
mdvijay
TestLink user

Postby smeyn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I'take a look at it today.
Cheers
Stephan
smeyn
Advanced user

Postby mdvijay » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks dude, egarly waiting for it...

Regards
Vijay
mdvijay
TestLink user

Postby smeyn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

Having looked at it, it appears that it has its own test runner and is not using the Nunit runner. That means there is no way of using the test link adapter out of the box.

There are two options:
1. modify pnunit to export the results directly using the testlink api.
2. wait till nunit integrates pnunit with their normal NUnit console or gui runners as is promised by the nunit guys on their web site.

for item 1 you need to retrieve the testlinkInfo from the test cases. However pnunit discards the Nunit Test Result information making it difficult finding the assemblies.
smeyn
Advanced user

Postby smeyn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am

having looked further, the pnunit source that I downloaded uses NUnit v 2.2.5 whereas the testlink adapter uses nunit 2.4. That version had a major change in the interface (making it easier for me originally). As a result, linking to this punit version requires more effort than I thought.
smeyn
Advanced user

Postby mdvijay » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for the reply. I would like to give you few more information, The Nunit v2.5.2 and later has already pnunit integrated into it. and we also have testlink adapters for NUnit v 2.5.2 But in your reply you mentioned that you looked into the pnunit sources for the Nunit v2.2.5.

I like to add 1 more question may be a request, I look in to your sources for the Nunit testlink adapter. I thought of modifying it a little bit to our needs. we want to update the results of each test to the testlink after the completion of that particular test. Whereas now the available test link adapter can only update results only at the end of the test project, where all the test run are completed.

Is there any method that i can add at the end of each test and by just giving test name as input parameter for that method, so that this method will update result to the test link after the completion of the test.

Thank you

Regards
Vijay
mdvijay
TestLink user

Return to XML-RPC API