How do you handle obsolete Testcases?

Discuss test processes, standards, documentation, teams, criteria, test environments, etc.

Moderators: Amaradana, TurboPT, TL Developers

Joe_Patroni
TestLink user

How do you handle obsolete Testcases?

Post by Joe_Patroni »

Hello,

Working with 1.9.3 here, i was looking at old TCs which haven't been taken cared of for a while. So i did a new Version, but there are Testcases which i really don't need anymore, because the funcionality of our product has been changed.

Now, how do you handle these obsolete TCs? Deactivating them was my first idea, but deactivation only affects the version, not the TC itself. If i deactivate the TC (that is: the newest version), then the older (still active) version appears in "Add / Remove Test cases to Test Plan". Is there a configuration you can set that you only see TCs in testplan assignment which newest version is active?

I'm aware of another method, just creat a Testsuite "obsolete" and move the TC in there, but i was wondering if we could use the Deactivation status for this.

cya,
Joe
Last edited by Joe_Patroni on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
They don't call them emergencies anymore. They call them Patronis.
fman
Member of TestLink Community

Re: How do you handle obsolete Testcases?

Post by fman »

>> Is there a configuration you can set that you only see TCs in testplan assignment which newest version is active?
NO

You have to set ALL versions as INACTIVE.
Amaradana
Member of TestLink Community

Re: How do you handle obsolete Testcases?

Post by Amaradana »

another workaround deactivate and create a folder called obselete and move to it
Thanks,
TesterWorld
Http://amartester.blogspot.com